If you have noticed some of the mistakes in the name that is mentioned on the tickets, then you must change it to avoid further inconveniences that could happen to you. Correcting a name on the ticket is mandatory as it will be registered in your documents and might create issues later if you wonder how the Alaska Airlines name change can happen. Then, you need to be informed about all the procedures and policies that the Airline has so that it becomes easy for you to change the name.
What is the name change policy of Alaska Airlines?
Before you change a name on an Alaska Airlines flight ticket, you have to go through Alaska Airlines name change rules and regulations that have been added to their name change policy. All the terms and conditions have been mentioned below. Go through them and enlighten yourself:
- If you are changing the name on the flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase, then you do not have to pay the name change charges.
- All the minor changes can be made for free, from removing a letter to adding it or correcting the name.
- According to the Alaska Airlines name change policy, replacing a full name is not permitted because that can be counted as a crime as it is prohibited.
- If you want to save yourself from paying the name change charges, you should know that changing the first three letters of your name will not cost you anything.
- For people who got married recently or got divorced and want to change their surname, they have to get through a process.
- The Airline will require the documents for verification, such as the ticket, passport, government-issued identity card, divorce papers, marriage certificates, etc.
- Some essential changes cannot be done easily and take permission with verification. These changes are surname, date of birth, gender, etc.
- For missing words, errors, name corrections, or removing words can be done without paying a cost.
- If you inform the Airline of the name change at the last moment, then it might not take place. So make sure you change the name 24 hours or at least 3 hours before the scheduled flight.
How can I change my name on Alaska Airlines online?
Though the Airline provides various methods to change the name, the most convenient one is online. You do not have to look after all the contact details to connect with the Airline as you can do that on your own. You have to follow the procedure that has been issued below to change the name on the ticket:
- Visit the official website of Alaska Airlines.
- You must click on Manage and then add the name of the passengers with the confirmation code.
- Click on Continue, and the ticket will be open; then, you have to get to the Menu.
- From all the given options, you have to pick a name change so that the form will be open.
- Fill out all the required details in the form and then submit it.
- You will get the confirmation, and the Airline will provide you with the ticket after making changes.
Can a name change on Alaska Airlines be done on the phone?
There is no doubt that the fastest method to get in touch with customer service for help is the phone number. You will be directly connected with the executives and can share your concerns. They will resolve all the problems instantly and ensure you have a comfortable journey. Follow the procedure mentored below to change a name:
- Dial 1-800-252-7522, the customer service phone number, to connect with the Airline.
- Then, instantly, you will be welcomed with a computerized voice instructing you on how the call works.
- Listen to the IVR menu attentively so that you can track your problem.
- Press the key related to the name change, and your call will be forwarded.
- The representatives on the call will ask for the ticket details and other things to change the name and provide you with a new ticket.
How much does it cost to change a name with Alaska Airlines?
The name change procedure cannot be completed without paying the Alaska Airlines name change fee, and the cost is not particular. The fee you have to pay for the name change with Alaska Airlines varies according to the class, name change requirements, ticket type, route, and the time of the name change. Therefore, it mainly ranges from $75 to $100. and you can pay this fee online, and they will provide you with a receipt.
Conclusion: We have discussed everything that will explain how to change your name on an Alaska Airlines ticket; you must get through all the information carefully to enlighten yourself. Apart from the phone and online process, you can get to the airport helpdesk to change the name. But make sure that you get there with all the mandatory documents. If you face more queries, then you can navigate to the official webpage of the Airline.