Air Canada is a well-established airline that operates flight services to many countries and continents worldwide. The facilities and services the airline offers are of premium and luxurious quality. If there arises a sudden emergency after booking the flight tickets, the customer wants to make Air Canada change flight date. So, one can easily change their reservation through phone calls, websites, mobile applications, or directly from the airport. Those who face queries can connect with the customer support team of the airline. Read the blog and get the necessary details.
What is the online process of flight change with Air Canada?
Customers can change their flight reservations directly through the airline’s website. Making Air Canada change flight online is the easiest and most prevalent way. The online flight change process is mentioned below in a few easy steps:
- The primary step is to go to the official website of Air Canada.
- Now click on the "Manage Booking" option.
- Then, mention the passenger's booking reference code and last name details.
- Tap on the "Search a flight" tab.
- The flight details will be available on-screen.
- Click on the "Change Flight" link.
- After that, you must choose the new travel date, class, ticket type, etc.
- Click on the Submit.
- Make the payment of the change fee.
- Once the process is completed, the confirmation message will be sent to your phone number and email ID.
An alternative way
Customers can change or modify their flight tickets through the phone call option. You are required to call +1 (888) 247-2262 and listen to the IVR commands. Wait till the agent gets connected to you.
Mention the details of the flight change policy of Air Canada.
Travelers changing their flight tickets must know about the Air Canada change flight policy.
The significant points related to the flight change policy are mentioned below:
- If the passenger makes the change in the flight within 24 hours of making the reservation, then the airline will charge no change fee to the passenger. But for that, the flight departure must be made after at least seven days or more.
- When the change in the flight is made after 24 hours of booking the tickets, the customer will be required to pay the change fee to the passengers. The fee charged by the airline will depend upon the ticket type.
- If the change in the flight is made due to the passenger's medical emergency or the death of a family member, then airlines will charge no additional fees from the passenger. However, the condition is that the customers must submit supporting medical documents at the airport.
- If the airline makes the changes due to technical reasons, then no additional fees will be charged.
How much fee is charged by Air Canada for the flight change?
People making changes in the flight after 24 hours of reservation will be required to pay the Air Canada change flight fee. The amount charged by the airline will cost around $100 if the departure of the flight is within 60 days or less. If the flight departure is after 60 days or more, then airlines will charge $25 to the passengers.